Pages

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Summertime Update


Hello everyone!  Hope you are all having a great summer.  I have been watching and enjoying the Olympics NON-STOP!!  I always enjoy seeing the world's best come together in the spirit of friendly competition.  Humankind can be so amazing sometimes!  Here are some cards I have made over the last couple of months...Peace.

This first card was for my train-loving father-in-law for Father's Day.  I used Tim Holtz' CMS127 "On the Railroad" stamp set for this.  I stamped the giant locomotive on the background, then stamped the train track on acetate with Archival ink and attached it with the Tiny Attacher, adding the typewriter keys with brads.  Finally, I stamped the Railroad Crossing stamp on shrinky-dink plastic and cut it out, then shrank it with my heat tool, painted the back with Snow Cap acrylic paint dabber and adhered it with Glossy Accents.   
This card was made using a Dreamweaver stencil in a weird way.  I covered the stencil with Versamark ink and stamped it on the tag and embossed it using clear embossing powder.  This created a resist of the "negative" of the stencil.  The Versamark did not stick completely, so I got a really distressed look, which, I really liked!  Then I inked the flower with various colors of distress inks.  Since the majority of the tag was embossed, the ink went only on the flower and the top and bottom edges of the tag.  Pretty cool, right?  For the ribbon, I started with white satin ribbon and custom-colored it with the same colors of distress stain that I used for the flowers.
I have been wanting to try out this hot air balloon stamp for awhile and finally came up with this card.  It features Tim Holtz' CMS130 "Remnants" stamp set.  First, I sprayed the background with some Dylusions ink spray.  Then I stamped the balloon with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  Then I colored the balloon with Copic markers.  I used yellow for the actual balloon, which came out looking green because I colored over the blue background.  I then stamped the red star to finish the balloon.  For the sentiment, I used Tim's Sizzix "Tattered Banners" die which I also spritzed with Dylusions ink spray.

No comments:

Post a Comment