Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

Aloha and Mahalo!

Here is a card I made using a fabulous stamp that my BFF Debbie gave me.  It's from the Rubber Stamp Plantation company in Hawaii (http://www.rubberstampplantation.com/store/quiltstamps.htm).  The stamp is from their quilt collection and is called "Large Ulu Quilt."  I wanted to use it right away so I made her this Mahalo (Hawaiian for Thank You) card.  I created the background using glossy cardstock and Tim Holtz Adirondack alcohol inks.  The technique is to put a little of the inks and some alcohol ink blending solution on the felt applicator, then tap the applicator on the glossy cardstock until you are happy with the look.  Then I took some additional blending solution and dropped it directly on the cardstock.  For this background, I chose Sail Boat Blue, Sunshine Yellow, and Citrus.  I love how you never know what your alcohol inked background will look like, but it always looks really cool!  I stamped the "thank you" swirly stamp with Archival ink.  Because I am a sloppy stamper, I had a little bit of a smeared image.  Ergo, I punched out a butterfly, and voila, You would never know there was a smear under it.  Hee hee.  Peace.

1 comment:

  1. This is stunning! Love that technique!! Colors are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete