Pages

Friday, February 11, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

I had so much fun making Valentine's Day cards this year!  I used art from the Tim Holtz Seasonal paper stack as the focal point.  Other elements include paper doilies, and die-cut hearts (Sizzix Hearts - Tipsy), and Tim Holtz tissue tape.  The card background is inked with Antique Linen and Worn Lipstick distress inks.  First I applied the Antique Linen using the ink pad directly on the cardstock.  Then I used the foam applicator to add in the Worn Lipstick.  I inked the white paper doily, the die-cut hearts, and the tissue tape with Tea Dye distress ink.  For the hearts, I copied some text from Romeo and Juliet and printed it in a nice script font on my printer and then ran it through my Sizzix Big Kick.  I inked the edges of the hearts and the vintage clip art with Vintage Photo distress ink.  Finally, I used a Tim Holtz flourish stamp with Versamark ink and embossed it with Zing Gold metallic embossing powder.  I love the collage look.  It's so forgiving!  And as Tim says, "Embrace Imperfection!"  Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!  Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment