Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

How to Make Inexpensive Tags for your Tim Holtz-i-ness

Greetings!  Today I want to share with you how I made some tags SOOO much cheaper than buying them ready-made.  I bought some manila folders and cut them myself.  I used "heavy weight 3-tab file folders" that I found at Staples.  I should stress that the heavy weight variety makes all the difference here.  I should be able to cut at least 10 #5 tags from one folder.  I paid $2.00 for a pack of 12 folders, so I can make at least 120 tags (4 3/4 x 2 3/8 inches) from this pack.  That comes out to less than 2 cents per tag, instead of 20 cents per tag.  Wowza!  To make the tags, I just used my paper trimmer and then snipped off the corners and punched the hole with my hole punch.  Super easy.  If you want the hole reinforcers, you can find them at Target, or Tim Holtz has his own super-cute ones (of course!).  Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment