Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

the journey is the destination

I made this card for my nephew's 16th birthday.  Last summer, he went to Philmont Scout Ranch for a scouting trip, and he brought back a map of Philmont for his uncle Phil.  I copied a portion of this map onto matte photo paper for the card background.  I stamped the ticket using the Tim Holtz "Odds and Ends" stamp set and inked it with distress inks.  I created the compass at the top of the card using a Tim Holtz Fragment charm.  I used alcohol inks to add color to the charm then stamped a compass image on white cardstock and glued it the charm using Glossy Accents and then trimmed the cardstock to fit the fragment.  I fastened the compass fragment to the card with a brad.  Finally, I stamped a botanical stamp at the bottom of the map to add a bit of interest.  I really like the way this card came out!  Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment