Pages

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2014 - November

Hello everyone. This month's Tim tag was a bit of a challenge for me, because I do not yet have the Layered Leaf die. I love his collection of combo die/embossing folder sets, but so far only have the Butterfly. I tried making a tag with a leaf theme, by using thin dies (and I won't bore you with the details of how that ended. Let's just say it was NOT PRETTY). Anyway, I decided I needed a steel rule die, so off I went in search of one that would work.  I ended up with more of a Christmas-looking tag, but hey, I'm OK with that!
If you would like to see Tim's tutorial and tag, click here: http://timholtz.com/12-tags-of-2014-november/.
Supplies: #8 manila tag, corrugated cardboard, Tim Holtz/Sizzix Pine Tree Die and Burlap Texture Fade, Gold Embossing Powder and Versamarker (in lieu of the foil sheet), Distress Paints (Forest Moss, Peeled Paint, Shabby Shutters, and Pine Needles for the tree and Walnut Stain, Tarnished Brass and Picket Fence for the splotches), Crinkle Ribbon and black ribbon, and I crafted my own "Here & Now" embellishment by cutting it with my Cricut and Sure Cuts A Lot software.
Thanks so much for stopping by. I would love to hear from you, so feel free to leave a comment. Peace.

2 comments:

  1. Fun version! I'm surrounded by evergreens & missed my annual trip to New England so I had to go with the colourful version (& I only got the die last week!)

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is a good variation on the technique. Love your tag

    ReplyDelete